Help With Super Hero Cake

Decorating By Aish90 Updated 5 Oct 2016 , 3:34am by Bakerlady2

Aish90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aish90 Posted 3 Oct 2016 , 1:22am
post #1 of 3

Hi,

I am trying to make this cake for my sons' birthday. I was wondering if someone would be able to help me on what size cake pans were used? Also how to get the hulk hand coming out like that. 

And how many days in advance should I make the decorations? I need help planning this cake as I am awful planner! =l I need to make it for the 23rd of October. 

Thank you :)

Aish[postimage id="5208" thumb="900"]

2 replies
Bakerlady2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerlady2 Posted 5 Oct 2016 , 3:31am
post #2 of 3

My guess is they used 4, 6, 8, 10, 12" cakes. I would bake these the week before and freeze them. I would make the decorations 2 weeks before to give them time to dry really well. As for the hand... I would decorate the cake first then make the area where the hand will be dark by painting it with a mixture of vodka and green gel coloring. then I would put the hand in place and add the stones that are flying out around it. The stones that are around the hand look like they are on black wire then stuck into the cake. If you make the the skyline out of fondant...I would cut them out right before you put them on they cake so they will curve around the shape of the cake. Hope this helps. I would give myself a couple of days to work on this...the stacking and icing and decorating....it is a lot of work....

Bakerlady2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerlady2 Posted 5 Oct 2016 , 3:34am
post #3 of 3

Ack.....I didn't see the other post before I wrote on here. Sorry relaxed.png

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%