Possibly The Biggest Reason To Not Open A Typical Bakery Business

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 17 Sep 2016 , 1:33am by craftybanana2

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7 replies
Nana52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nana52 Posted 16 Sep 2016 , 12:23pm
post #2 of 8

Hmmm,  Let's legalize the use of marijuana and criminalize the use of sugar...

-K8memphis Posted 16 Sep 2016 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 8

bwuwahahahahahaha you said it!!!

-K8memphis Posted 16 Sep 2016 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 8

but all that to say I think a way to go at least in part would be to develop sugarless desserts that rely on fruit and fruit combinations to taste good

maybe 

i mean for me that's how I mostly need to operate anyhow -- wheat flour no es bueno for me and neither is sugar -- I'm solidly insulin resistant and the 1990's called & wants to know if I want my metabolism back

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 16 Sep 2016 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 8

To be honest he's got a good point but I don't like to simplify complex problems into black and white. It would be great if one could say let's ban sugar and suddenly everyone is healthy wouldn't it? Unfortunately that's not the case.

In my humble opinion the issues that contribute to many food related issues need to be tackled all together. Don't want to offend anyone but in general the first world countries (US in particular) have a very poor culture when it comes to food. Meals are rushed so people are drawn towards fast food/ unhealthy snacks. That fast food is cheap and widely available. Most of the ingredients of fast food are unhealthy  (besides sugar you find preservatives, artificial colours and flavours etc etc etc). 

It's difficult to change habits and tastes of generations. You basically would need to target the next generation and try make the changes there but obviously they are influenced by their parents.

And a tax on sugar just means companies are replacing it with artificial sweeteners which are equally bad.

-K8memphis Posted 16 Sep 2016 , 5:07pm
post #6 of 8

wow - great timing -- here's an interesting gluten free and grain free recipe for waffles i just came upon -- i will try this and report back -- and you can too if you want

http://thepioneerwoman.com/food-and-friends/gluten-free-and-grain-free-waffles/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pioneerwoman-full-rss-feed+%28The+Pioneer+Woman+%7C+Full+RSS+Feed%29

-K8memphis Posted 16 Sep 2016 , 5:17pm
post #7 of 8

and there's cloud bread which is grain/gluten free and low carb -- i've never made this but i always wanted to - just any minute now --

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/246350/easy-cloud-bread/

and i see another one there that is lactose free as well 

http://www.foodbymars.com/home/2016/easy-cloud-bread-without-cream-cheese-lactose-free-grain-free-low-carb

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 17 Sep 2016 , 1:33am
post #8 of 8

Ah, that cloud bread thing, I've tried that before when hubby decided to try going paleo. It was just okay. It was a novelty to make once, but I haven't made it since. Kinda like how those fancy shaped waffle irons are great the first use, then in the cupboard they go for a year or two.

People like the article guy need to go back to school. If sugar is the problem, then so is everything else our body sees as sugar... bread, cake, fruit, anything with carbohydrates. So why not just ban or tax carbohydrates? Ha ha ha (major eye roll here).

I'll be the one to decide my sugar intake and that cookie looks good, I might go have a bite (or three).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%