Royal Icing Crown

Decorating By ginger6361 Updated 3 Sep 2016 , 12:51pm by -K8memphis

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 3 Sep 2016 , 4:10am
post #1 of 3

I am making a completely around crown. Not just a half tiara.

Using a coffee can,  but having trouble getting the RI on the sideways. Any ideas on how to angle the can so I can work all the way around without messing the RI design? Hope  someone can understand what I'm trying to do. 

thanks

2 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 3 Sep 2016 , 8:10am
post #2 of 3

Could you wrap the can with parchment or wax paper?

Or lay 2 cans flat, securing the so they don't wiggle. Then place a sheet of parchment with the desired design painted on around it and pipe half half. Let dry, release them, stand them up and join them with a few drops of RI? But make sure you get your measures right otherwise they will be oval.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Sep 2016 , 12:51pm
post #3 of 3

crowns to me are not straight up and down they are usually wider at the top -- so i would cut some foam* to use as a former -- and i would maybe pipe it upside down -- with the wider part on the table so it would be easier --

*if you can make a parchment cone -- you could get a piece of stiff plastic (like laminated paper or heavy paper covered on both sides with wide packing tape) and make a cone the size you need -- just staple it shut and trim it to sit flat -- put your pattern on that and away you go --

but as far as being able to get up to it -- find a small cake pan, a cottage cheese container or something to set it on -- look around and find just the right size so you can get your hands/piping bag up to it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%