Using Mascarpone Frosting

Baking By Baking Becky Updated 23 Aug 2016 , 11:46am by -K8memphis

Baking Becky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Becky Posted 19 Aug 2016 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a small wedding cake and the customer wants Mascarpone frosting.  If I use that, am I able to frost the cake the night before?  The cake will be a 2 tiered semi naked cake with fruit.  I have found two recipes, one uses whipping cream and the other is a buttercream with Mascarpone in it.  Is one better to use than the other?

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Aug 2016 , 10:45am
post #2 of 4

you just have to keep it refrigerated -- i've read that some peeps put plastic directly on & around their naked cakes to keep them from drying out and the fridge will dry this out so keep it protected --

i would go with the marscapone + buttercream if you're not to used to working with whipped cream --

would love to see a picture -- hope all goes very well --

the marscapone has a shelf life out of the fridge of four hours all told including display time at the wedding, the time it takes to get it home from the store, that's it out being made into icing, being applied to the cake -- all that -- total of four hours for safety

Baking Becky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Becky Posted 23 Aug 2016 , 11:22am
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much for responding and for the info on time limitations - very helpful!!  I did use the mascarpone buttercream and it was deeeelicious!  I would definitely use again but  will reserve this icing for less time sensitive occasions.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Aug 2016 , 11:46am
post #4 of 4

awesome --- yay!!!

high five

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%