First Post: Business License Toronto/ Mississauga?

Business By _ninascakes Updated 26 Jul 2016 , 4:52pm by ElizabethsCakeCreations

_ninascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_ninascakes Posted 25 Jul 2016 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 4

Hey guys! my name is Nina this is my first post ever on this site. So I've been baking for years but mostly just for family. This year I finally decided I'm going to start selling cakes and it is so exciting and fun and at the same time I'm lost and confused.

I started an Instagram where I publish photos and sometimes people strangers request quotes and want to order things but I have no licenses yet....

I've tried looking into how to get a license how to start my small business and it is all soooooo confusing. I really do want to have everything in order and I was wondering if anyone on here is from Toronto or Mississauga and could possibly explain to me what to do how to go about getting a license etc.

Thank you all so much in advanced!

3 replies
ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 25 Jul 2016 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 4

We cannot sell from home in Canada you must have a licensed kitchen, your food handling certificate. Those are the only requirements. You can register your business name.

_ninascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_ninascakes Posted 26 Jul 2016 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 4

Hey thank you for the reply. I was wondering if that is the case does that mean that if i have my food handlers and i rent out a kitchen space for the day then that would be ok? that would make me selling them legal?

ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 26 Jul 2016 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 4

call the city but I think so, I live in London. I don't think registering your business is a requirement, but it might be. I'm opening a storefront in a few months so I'll be doing it regardless. Oh! Just make sure whatever commercial kitchen you use is approved by the health dept.

Happy baking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%