Gruffalo Cupcakes...finding Cola Strings??

Decorating By classie787 Updated 16 Jun 2016 , 9:05am by -K8memphis

classie787 Posted 16 Jun 2016 , 1:10am
post #1 of 5

Hello all!

I'm not much of a baker, but I've created some pretty cool (yet basic) cupcakes for friends for special occasions.  Anyhoo, my nephew turns one in a couple weeks and I've been appointed to make Gruffalo cupcakes for his party.  "Gruffalo" is a children's show; the Gruffalo being one of the characters.  I'm going to include a link to a sample Gruffalo cupcake I hope to copy:

I noticed for the mouth that I'm supposed to use "cola strings."  I have no idea what those are, and a search did not reveal much help, other than an alternate name "candy strings."  However, a google search of the latter netted me many samples of edible thong underwear grin.png

So does anybody have any recommendations on where I might find these cola strings?  Any other Gruffalo cupcake tips are appreciated, as well!

4 replies
KTKTKDKaKeS Posted 16 Jun 2016 , 2:11am
post #2 of 5
KTKTKDKaKeS Posted 16 Jun 2016 , 2:21am
post #3 of 5

Here they are.  This site no longer carries them, says the product has been discontinued. However this gives you all the information about them and product image. Happy Baking.

-K8memphis Posted 16 Jun 2016 , 9:05am
post #5 of 5

great ideas here already -- you could even use tootsie rolls and roll them on the table to get the right shape then roll in sugar or starch to get a sparkley or dusty effect --

cute cupcakes and sweet blog story

Quote by @%username% on %date%