Tips On Baking Cupcakes

Baking By AngelsEdibles44 Updated 7 Jun 2016 , 2:17pm by johnson6ofus

AngelsEdibles44 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelsEdibles44 Posted 6 Jun 2016 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 5

Good Afternoon,

I need advice on cupcakes. I need to know a few things when it comes to baking them.

What is the best way to get my cupcakes the same size?

I need to know how much batter and what I can use to get them the same size and also how to get the to bake with the dome on the top, I also need to know how much batter and what to use to get the to be kinda flat on the top. I have tried doing different things and sometimes it's a hit or miss.  I need to know both way because of the different designs I use. Can someone please help me.

Thank you in advance

4 replies
Nancylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancylou Posted 6 Jun 2016 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 5

You can either use a measuring cup, or a disher, which looks just like an ice-cream scoop.  If you have a restaurant supply store in your city, they will have the dishers in various sizes.  For a flatter top, use less batter, filling only half way.  For a more domed top, use a little more batter, filling 2/3 -3/4 full.  They have color coded dishers that will accommodate each of the amounts. Hope that helps.

AngelsEdibles44 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelsEdibles44 Posted 6 Jun 2016 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 5

Nancylou,

Yes that helps a great deal. Thank you so much.

I wanted to try a new cupcake design that required the dome top, I use a 1/4 size measuring cup which is color coded, I filled it to the top of the cup, but I think I should have only filled to to where the color ends on the cup and they came different sizes. They tasted great they just didn't look like I needed them to look. I am definitely going to get the ice cream scoops.

Again Thank you so much, I'll let you know how they turn out.

Nancylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancylou Posted 6 Jun 2016 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 5

Great, I'll look forward to it.  Post pictures too!

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 7 Jun 2016 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 5

Doming is also a hot oven thing.

For a "dome", place the the cupcake tray in a preheated 375 degree oven for 5 minutes, then turn down to 325. The high heat "sets" the outside, so the only way for the inside batter to rise as it cooks is....up.

Another fill method is a pastry bag. You can actually place the whole tray on a scale and add an exact amount to each cup. Less messy than the scoops (which I DO use). Just another choice....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%