Grooms Cake Frosting Options

Baking By thecakecaptain Updated 8 May 2016 , 9:50pm by costumeczar

thecakecaptain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakecaptain Posted 8 May 2016 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 2

Alrighty, I need some advice on frosting.  I am making a grooms cake for a wedding this month and although I'm pretty sure it'll be displayed inside, the venue is by the beach and most likely not air conditioned.  The bride to be also wants to transport said cake to another venue once the first reception is over.  

So, can anyone advise on a frosting to use that's NOT straight up buttercream or chocolate?  I'm partial to frosting all my cakes with whipped cream/or whipped cream cheese due to the non sugary taste of it but as we know, that shouldnt sit out for that many hours without refrigeration. Thank you.

1 reply
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 May 2016 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 2

Definitely not whipped cream...that sounds like a disaster in the making, especially if she'll be moving the cake. I'd go with an American buttercream for this particular cake, even if you don't usually use it. It's pretty stable and it will hold up if the cake is going to be moved around and displayed in a situation that's not air conditioned. If you can use fondant I'd do that, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%