Guitar, Soccer, Tennis- Themed Cake

Decorating By holliw13 Updated 28 Apr 2016 , 6:52pm by julia1812

holliw13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holliw13 Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 3

Hello....I have been asked to create a cake with a guitar, soccer and tennis theme. I've been racking my brain trying to decide how I should incorporate each of these themes into the cake without it looking like I just threw it all together randomly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 3

How big does it need to be? And what budget?

Some random idea is making like a sport stadium for a sports event, having a tennis court with a match going on on one side and a football match on the other. Then a stage with a band (that's where the guitar comes in) entertainIng the crowd...

If it's a smaller/simpler cake maybe a guitar cake with the sports airbrushed onto it. You know on the hollow part/big end (don't know the name). You find lots of people who actually airbrush their guitars. You could airbrush only logos of teams or real players in action with a ball...

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 3

Oh...or very simple...A guitar case with "stickers" (=edible images) aplied randomly all over. Like those stickers the boys would collect in the 80s for their album...old school style ;)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%