Stick Fondant Cut Outs/decoration On Sprinkles

Decorating By Minileo Updated 15 Apr 2016 , 3:07am by Minileo

Minileo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minileo Posted 13 Apr 2016 , 5:45am
post #1 of 6

Hello Ladies I hope you all are baking good, hence happy :)  I have a question about cake decoration. I am planning on baking a 3 tier cake for my daughter's 1st b'day and out of 3, one layer is going to be gold in color. I am 1st going to stick rainbow sprinkles on fondant and then paint it with gold luster dust for the gold layer. My question: Is it possible to stick/glue fondant small flowers or cut outs straight on to the painted sprinkles? If yes what should I use to glue it with? Thank you in advance for your efforts to answer my query. 

Happy baking !!

5 replies
Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 14 Apr 2016 , 12:02am
post #2 of 6

Minileo

I think that due to the fact that piping gel is usually the medium used to adhere the sprinkles to the cake, the bond is strong enough for sprinkles but not strong enough to hold anything heavier......

I would suggest if you want to do flowers, put it on toothpicks and stick them in....also you can rest decorations on the cake ...I found an example for ya.....hope it helps :) ...have fun

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPEIwSsV_KqgQIIEQ1aqTEPHxM7s-M1J4yj8i0-KqWvernwmBBlQ

Minileo Posted 14 Apr 2016 , 12:32am
post #3 of 6

Thank you for your reply Creativeconfectioner . I have to adhere a name tag on gold layer just like it is on this gold layer of 3 tier cake.

Thank you.

[postimage id="3566" thumb="900"][postimage id="3567" thumb="900"]

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 14 Apr 2016 , 12:43pm
post #4 of 6

I would think royal icing or melted chocolate would work, once the gold has dried.

Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 12:44am
post #5 of 6

Here's what I'd do...

I would score the pattern of the name plaque on the fondant lightly while it is still soft in the spot where I would eventually want to place  the name plaque..........When putting the piping Gel I would avoid the area I scored.....when you put the sprinkles...it would not stick in that area.......then Gild the sprinkles and you would then have a clean surface to safely adhere your plaque :).............this is what gave me the idea...(not mine)

bottom-tier.jpg

Minileo Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 3:07am
post #6 of 6

Thank you ladies for the ideas and that's why I love this forum. Cheers !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%