Edible Image Printer

Decorating By Sandra_tossou Updated 17 Dec 2016 , 4:43pm by icingimages

Sandra_tossou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandra_tossou Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 11

Hello Bakers and Pastry professionals!

I have just bought an edible image printer for my bakery and didn't realize it wouldn't have the templates or a program to make it user friendly.  What program(s) do you use to start the process of making edible images??  Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

Flour to Fabulous,

Sandra

10 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 11

@icingimages ‍ has a program you can subscribe to (I think) that has templates. www.icingimages.com .  I just use photoshop.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 11

Hi!  Yes we do have a free program for those who use our products.  It is called iPrint and it is a web based program that was specifically designed for edible printing.  You can print on all of our Premium Icing Sheets, Premium Wafer Paper and Premium Luster Sheets.  This includes our precut circle where you can print different images on the circles that are used for cupcakes, cookies, cakepops, marshmallows and Oreos! You can add text, frames and even some special effects!  You can find out more at www.icingiamges.com/iprint or give us a call at 540 869 5511.  Also, we do not monitor what you print or how many, there are no codes to input, it works with our icing sheets!  You can purchase the Template Designer which will allow you to print on other icing sheets that are not the Icing Images brand.

You always have the option of printing using any graphics program as long as you are not looking to print the multiple up, precut circles.

I hope this helps!

Sandra_tossou Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 11

How do you line up the pre cut circles with the photo shop program or do large 1/2 sheet images?

Sandra_tossou Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 11

thank you.  I will check out that site and look around.  I appreciate your time and response.

icingimages Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 11

For the Icing Images precut circles you need to use our free program.  Some people do create their own templates but it is very difficult. 

You have a wide format printer? Or one with a scanner?

Sandra_tossou Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 12:18pm
post #7 of 11

I have the wide format printer.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 1:45pm
post #8 of 11

To use photoshop you have to make your own templates, which isn't a huge deal, but you do have to know how to work in photoshop. If you're not comfortable with that it's probably easier to go with a pre-made template system like Icing Images has.

icingimages Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 2:46pm
post #9 of 11

The wide format paper is a standard size that does you can use with any graphics program. Sandra,  your printer does every size sheet so a program like Icing Images iPrint will be beneficial to you if you do not know how to create your own templates.  The precut circles do not use standard templates such as avery or anything like that.

sweetsmom2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsmom2 Posted 17 Dec 2016 , 3:28pm
post #10 of 11

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping you can help. My daughter owns a chocolate company and asked me for a Canon edible printer for xmas (which is in a week... yikes!). I have no background on what the most best edible printer for chocolate items is and need help! I also don't know what kind of sheets to order since she is going to be printing images for chocolate dipped items (such as oreos). I add that in case it makes a difference

Can you please advise on what the newest best printer, ink and types of sheets (for chocolate dipped items) are?

She has corporate clients that want their logos printed on items so it's critical that whatever I get her produces really high quality color/print. It sounds from the little bit of research this morning that the type of ink and sheets are even more important.

Help this Mom please?

Thanks!!

icingimages Posted 17 Dec 2016 , 4:43pm
post #11 of 11

Hi mom!  I too am a mom and I own Icing Images! We can help you get your daughter the best product for her business. I am at home and the power is out so I am responding on my phone so I apologize if I make this short! You shop like me, the weekend before Christmas. With edible printers we believe that Canons are the best since you can remove the print heads. The printheads hold the ink cartridges and that is what can a clog. So a removable printhead allows you to easily clean it without a big mess. What really matters the most is the quality of the edible ink. You get what you pay for with edible ink. If you go for an unreliable Ink, not only will you have color problems but you will also have clogging problems. Usually when people hate or love their printers  it is a direct result of the ink. But a lot of people think it's the printer when it's not. Next comes the edible sheets which is a preference. The there are many different types of sheets. there is a new one that we have that are specifically made for things like chocolate isomalt and other hotter materials. With chocolates you have a few options. Our best option is our simi  transfer sheets. They leave the pattern without any left over sheet. So it is a true transfer. The nice thing about printing your own sheets is you could put on whatever you want. Some people also like to use the Icing sheets on their chocolate because it gives a white background for printing. So she can choose between the two. There is currently a video on the front right side of our website at www.icingimages.com that shows how to use the transfer sheets with chocolate.  If someone is reading this in the future, we do move our videos a round so there is a video button on the left bottom of our site as well to see the latest videos. Now for the most important thing how do we get it to you by Christmas? Where are you? I can tell you we can ship a very fast and we Pay special attention to gifts and making sure to our best of our ability that we get them out and use the best shipping my method this time of year. Often times we can get them they're just using the cheapest method. So tell me what state are you in? Please private message me back and we can try and work this through for you so you can make the best possible decision for your daughter. Thank you and Merry Christmas

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%