Selling Batter

Business By lonandleah Updated 1 Apr 2016 , 2:25pm by lonandleah

lonandleah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lonandleah Posted 31 Mar 2016 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 4

So I've been baking my butt off as many of you are I'm sure, but with everything else in life (my husband has his own business too that I help run), kids, home life, other obligations I'm ready to have a breakdown.

I have a product I don't want to give up on but I just can't keep going the way I'm going....I've basically abandoned my family and have had to rely on friends so many times a week to watch the kids :-(

My product is a little unique.......not quite a cupcake, and not quite a brownie and people don't just 'like it' you see the look on their face the first time they try one and it's like they've just discovered something never before tasted......and they say that too

My husband had a suggestion that at first I thought was ridiculous but as I sat here in tears last night it didn't seem to unrealistic........giving my batter to a company to bake for me.

Either I could sell the batter to places that would bake, decorate and sell them themselves and/or I could find a company to bake the batter and I could pick them up to ice and package??

Has anyone else done this or heard of it?

The lady whose kitchen I rent has her products in several high end large retail stores and she wants to introduce my product. It's a dream proposal because she says these stores don't bicker on price or try to get your down. They sell mini cupcakes in their stores for $15/dozen but I just can't make that commitment at this point and that saddens me.

Thank you for any and all suggestions

3 replies
annagon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annagon Posted 31 Mar 2016 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 4

Why don't you just hire a helper to bake them?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 31 Mar 2016 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 4

I'd either raise your prices or hire help, or both.

lonandleah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lonandleah Posted 1 Apr 2016 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 4

Yes I've been thinking of that too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%