What Is Best Combination With Oreo?

Baking By Jesling Updated 31 Mar 2016 , 11:45am by Jesling

Jesling Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesling Posted 31 Mar 2016 , 5:03am
post #1 of 5

Hi. I need to make a birthday cake covered with fondant and the cake must be added with Oreo. Can I know what kind of cake is best combined with oreo? Does vanilla spongecake tastes good with oreo buttercream? 

4 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 31 Mar 2016 , 5:24am
post #2 of 5

Oreo buttercream can be combined with many flavours. What did your client say? Should you choose for him/her???

I personally like it with a rich chocolate cake or cappuccino cake. But guess tastes are so different it's better to ask the person you are making the cake for.

Jesling Posted 31 Mar 2016 , 7:16am
post #3 of 5

Thanks Julia. She is ok with any flavour. But because I have 2 cakes to do for her children. I have chosen a Chocolate Oreo toppings and the other one have not decided yet. I have tried lemon buttercake with Oreo but it tastes too buttery and lemon flavour takes away the oreo taste. Any idea on how to make SMBC that is safe for kids and not too buttery taste too? 

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 31 Mar 2016 , 10:15am
post #4 of 5

When you do smbc you have to bring the egg white and sugar to 71c/160F to make it safe. You can make a ratio of 1:2:2 (egg white:sugar:butter) then it's not too buttery.

In my experience kids prefer vanilla or chocolate cake in more than 90%. Ya I know...A bit boring bit I guess that's just what it is.

Jesling Posted 31 Mar 2016 , 11:45am
post #5 of 5

One more Question. Is it ok if I use sponge cake and cover with fondant? Will the fondant cause cake to sink? 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%