My Cake Peeps! I Need Advice...

Business By MasterBakerRumpShaker Updated 8 Feb 2016 , 9:58pm by -K8memphis

MasterBakerRumpShaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MasterBakerRumpShaker Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 2

I'm looking to network with other venues, catering companies and restaurants in my area. I've had a couple people ask about contracting our business out to them for wedding cakes to accommodate their brides who need services that the host company doesn't offer- fancy cakes. 

I'm having a hard time seeing what this looks like. 

I was thinking of doing a discount on a sliding scale- as in the more you use us, the more discount you get (profit to reap) from 5% to 25%. 

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do the tasting part of that, what contracts should look like and so on. 

Have any of you done something like this? Can you offer any advice on how to move forward?

I'm planning on offering a dummy cake for display, a portfolio book for display and a brochure with general information to start. 

Thanks in advance! If anyone can help- my cake central friends in frosting are where it's at! 

Happy baking,

LMW

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 2

how could you possibly survive without a quarter of your price --- nononononono discounts -- if no one else provides this, the fancy cakes -- you're in -- don't give the store away --

you keep your dummy cake don't give it to them --

an idea is to select/photograph a half dozen popular/trendy/classic styles -- give those pictures in a portfolio to your caterers and venues -- if someone wants one of those -- easy peasy -- your contract would be with the venue not the bride -- if she wants a different design then you set up an appointment and your contract would be with the bride -- 

tastings annoy me -- someone else can advise on that and contracts -- 

best to you 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%