E-Cig Mould

Decorating By gourmet_gateaux Updated 2 Dec 2015 , 3:28pm by 640Cake

gourmet_gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmet_gateaux Posted 1 Dec 2015 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 5

Hi guys!

Can anyone advise where I can get a silicone E-Cig cake topper mould? I have had a look everywhere and had no joy.

Thanks!

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Dec 2015 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 5

you mean a tube mold? or something? i mean just roll some fondant or candy clay or whatever no? cigarette shape? yes?

not to mention they make the chocolate rolls and things and cookies even in long cigarette-y shapes --

you got this!

i'd get these when i was a kid

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 1 Dec 2015 , 7:33pm
640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 1 Dec 2015 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 5

If you have access to an unused e-cig, you could make your own mold.  It's called Amazing Mold Putty, I believe.  I bought mine at Michael's, since I had a 50% off coupon, but I am sure Amazon would have it as well.  It's pretty easy to use and only takes a few minutes to make and then 20-30 to dry/set. 

gourmet_gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmet_gateaux Posted 2 Dec 2015 , 9:50am
post #4 of 5

It's sort of a different shape as he bought a new one -  Not like a proper cigarette.

Was the Putty good? Did it work properly aswell?

Thanks guys!

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 2 Dec 2015 , 3:28pm
post #5 of 5

I thought it worked great.  It comes away clean from the item being molded and my molds are true to the original.  I did a toy horse once, covered the whole thing (used two boxes) and then cut it down the middle to remove.  I used chocolate clay to make the two halves and then "glued" them together.  I had a seam to smooth out, but was easy to fix (love chocolate clay!).  I'll be making more of my own molds now because of this stuff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%