Shortening

Decorating By koneal84 Updated 13 Nov 2015 , 10:53pm by koneal84

koneal84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koneal84 Posted 13 Nov 2015 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 3

I had a cake that I made a week ago. I decorqted Thursday night, made sure no air bubbles before I went to work Friday, got home looked again delivered and still fine but when the lady got home with the cake the icing was falling off the side of the cake. The icing I make is the same as always. I know that crisco is changing their ingriedents but I've never had a bad problem until this happened. I'm looking at other options but want your input since they have to be ordered. I'm looking at sweetex or penguin. Which do you prefer and why. I do live in south Mississippi where it is very humid so I have to take that into account with my ingredients I use. 

Thank you in advance

2 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 13 Nov 2015 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 3

Hmmmm..... The only time I've had that happen was a really hot and humid July weekend -driving over a bumpy road in a van with poor AC.   Did she have the AC on?  Was the cake not sitting level in the car?  Was it in the direct sunlight which caused the icing to melt?  Did she take a few corners too fast? 

As for shortening- I used Alpine,  but I know lots of folks on here prefer Sweetex.

koneal84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koneal84 Posted 13 Nov 2015 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 3

I asked all the same questions you just asked and her response was that she put it straight in the frig when she got home. It was sprinkling when I delivered it and she might of ran a little not thinking to get out of the rain. I know that everything is a factor and everyone doesn't drive as careful as I do. 

I havent seen anything with the alpine. How much and where do you get it from?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%