Perfect Chocolate Cake Recipe For Carvings & Fondant Covering

Baking By suvimaal Updated 24 Oct 2015 , 1:03pm by AAtKT

suvimaal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suvimaal Posted 24 Oct 2015 , 8:36am
post #1 of 2

I'm a Home Baker from Colombo, Sri Lanka, i'm always having troubles with different recipies with expensive ingredients even though some of them are not easy to handle when it comes o covering in fondant. I'm using this recipe for all my fondant cakes and coverings. its little bit different as i'm using GMS powder (Glycerol monostearate cake emulsifier ) vinegar & cream of tartar for the cake & the final product has really long shelf life and no crumbs at all. its moist perfect texture and taste also amazing with dark Chocolae look. 

400g Sugar

225g Flour

70g Cocoa powder

2tsp Baking powder

3tsp GMS cake emulsifier

pinch of cream of tartar

1/2 tsp Salt

2 Eggs (White & Yolk Seperated)

125ml Vegetable oil

250ml Milk

20ml coffee

1tsp of vinegar to add to the Milk

1tsp Vanilla

Mix Sugar, Flour, Cocoa powder, Baking Powder GMS Powder together, combine all well, and add Oil, Egg yolks, Milk with vinegar added, coffee & Vanilla, Mix all together for abt 5 minutes. 

with a clean whisk attachment place your two egg whites in a clean bowl and beat them until u get stiff peaks and u need to add cream of tartar to this while u beating egg whites. add them to the cake mixture and mix it in folding method. without breaking the formed egg whites. use a rubber Spatula for that (do not mix it, it will break all egg whites) after you mix whole mixture well. put the whole batter in to a 10" cake pan or any cake pan with capacicy for 1kg cake. bake it in 180 Celsius for about 40 minutes. put a thin wooden stick inside of the cake to check if its done. if it comes out clean your cake is done.

let me knw how it works. 

1 reply
AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 24 Oct 2015 , 1:03pm
post #2 of 2

Try posting it in the recipe section for people...

Your recipe will not necessarily show up when people search since it isn't there...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%