Cupcakes That Shrink

Decorating By puzzlegut Updated 21 Oct 2015 , 7:43pm by MimiFix

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 18 Oct 2015 , 12:35am
post #1 of 4

I've noticed that when I bake cupcakes, they come out of the oven just fine.  I let them cool in the pan and before I know it, the cupcakes shrink so they are not they nice full size they were when they came out of the oven.  Does anyone have any idea why the cupcakes would do this?  I bake vegan cupcakes from the Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World cookbook.

3 replies
Dee0024 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dee0024 Posted 18 Oct 2015 , 12:51am
post #2 of 4

A possibility could that you left them in the pan to cool. The pan is still hot so it'll continue to bake the cupcakes, but I wouldn't take my word for it I'm not a professional. Just thought I would my idea.

Honey6983 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honey6983 Posted 21 Oct 2015 , 4:03pm
post #3 of 4

Dee is right. Dump those cupcakes out of the pan as soon as they come out of the oven. When I first started baking I had this problem and haven't since I've started getting them out of the pan as soon as they're done, so they can cool on a baking sheet/rack.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 21 Oct 2015 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 4

When I bake cupcakes and muffins, I always let them cool in the pan and there's no shrinkage. So you might be over-baking your cupcakes. Remove them from the oven when they are done. Then leave them to cool in the tin.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%