Making Movie Strips On Sugar Sheets

Decorating By tasterschoice1 Updated 20 Sep 2015 , 5:08pm by tasterschoice1

tasterschoice1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasterschoice1 Posted 20 Sep 2015 , 1:58am
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone I am getting ready to try my hands at a movie reel cake with images.  Can't say for whom. It may ruin the surprise.  Can someone tell me please how to get the images from the computer into the blank movie strips. I would like to scan them in and adjust size if possible. Only other way I can think of is to use an exacto knife and cut the individual pictures and movie strips one at a time. I worry this would not look even around the edges?  Please HELP!!! All advice will be greatly appreciated Thank you.

*Last edited by tasterschoice1 on 20 Sep 2015 , 1:59am
3 replies
Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 20 Sep 2015 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 4

Print the movie strip in full colour on fondant paper, then you will have the movie reel look intact. If the background is white and the cake is white, there will be no problem. From a distance it will look like you have stuck a real movie reel on the cake. I know there are design programmes that you can add the movie strip effect on your photos. If you can't find one, then look or ask friends to look for a piece of an old negative, then scan that, adjust the size on your computer and copy/paste the images on prior to printing.

Hope the above makes sense. 

Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 20 Sep 2015 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 4

Print the movie strip in full colour on fondant paper, then you will have the movie reel look intact. If the background is white and the cake is white, there will be no problem. From a distance it will look like you have stuck a real movie reel on the cake. I know there are design programmes that you can add the movie strip effect on your photos. If you can't find one, then look or ask friends to look for a piece of an old negative, then scan that, adjust the size on your computer and copy/paste the images on prior to printing.

Hope the above makes sense. 

tasterschoice1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasterschoice1 Posted 20 Sep 2015 , 5:08pm
post #4 of 4

thank you :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%