Sugar Cookies

Decorating By Webake2gether Updated 18 Sep 2015 , 12:40am by sparkledee3

Cakemom21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemom21 Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 2:39pm
post #31 of 36

I just stumbled across this thread, and am so happy I did! I have done decorated cookies for years, and want to get back into it. I am preparing for my Cottage Food License and I know for sure I can't use meringue powder in my county. :( So I have been trying to think of a way to do my Christmas cookies. I usually use royal icing, but if I can use buttercream that would be great. Does any crusting bc work? I always thought they would get messed up, since the icing doesn't dry like royal. Here is an example of a royal icing cookie I made for a school I worked at.

Cakemom21 Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 2:39pm
post #32 of 36

I just stumbled across this thread, and am so happy I did! I have done decorated cookies for years, and want to get back into it. I am preparing for my Cottage Food License and I know for sure I can't use meringue powder in my county. :( So I have been trying to think of a way to do my Christmas cookies. I usually use royal icing, but if I can use buttercream that would be great. Does any crusting bc work? I always thought they would get messed up, since the icing doesn't dry like royal. Here is an example of a royal icing cookie I made for a school I worked at.

Cakemom21 Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 2:40pm
post #33 of 36

I just stumbled across this thread, and am so happy I did! I have done decorated cookies for years, and want to get back into it. I am preparing for my Cottage Food License and I know for sure I can't use meringue powder in my county. :( So I have been trying to think of a way to do my Christmas cookies. I usually use royal icing, but if I can use buttercream that would be great. Does any crusting bc work? I always thought they would get messed up, since the icing doesn't dry like royal.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 5:02pm
post #34 of 36

i had a very artsy friend who used glaze as in powdered sugar and water plus food color and painted her cookies they were so beautiful -- she wasn't really even a caker 

so all that to say sure any crusting buttercream will work -- and depending on how thick it is applied and whatever all the other variables will be will tell the tale of how soon you can stack them if at all -- but often you can stand them up next to each other -- but try rolled buttercream too -- 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 5:08pm
post #35 of 36

sparkledee -- almost any regular american buttercream recipe will crust -- i can't remember mine off top of my head but I can post it in a bit -- it has to do with the fat to sugar ratio or something or other -- recipes with powdered sugar + fat + liquid + flavor bam!

sparkledee3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparkledee3 Posted 18 Sep 2015 , 12:40am
post #36 of 36

Cakemom21 I'm not seeing your picture. Can you try to reload it? Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%