Searching For Hello Kitty Topper/figurine

Decorating By sweetlinxo Updated 3 Sep 2015 , 11:46am by costumeczar

sweetlinxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlinxo Posted 3 Sep 2015 , 1:09am
post #1 of 6

I am searching for a hello kitty topper or a figurine for a cake I got coming up in 2 weeks, all the ones I came across were very tiny, I'm searching for a rather large size maybe about 4", I know people are gonna suggest I make my own but I'm not the best when it comes to making fondant figurines lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you! :)

5 replies
amartin1900 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amartin1900 Posted 3 Sep 2015 , 1:19am
post #2 of 6

If it's fondant or gumpaste I always search on etsy.com just remember they need time so always message them first. Second option is toys r us. They usually have figurines about that height in popular characters. You can sometimes build icing design up around the feet as to further anchor them. I've never had any problems with well chilled cakes.

Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 3 Sep 2015 , 2:35am
post #3 of 6

I definitely won't recommend making one (or buying a made one) what with the copyright issues.  That would be illegal.

Toys R Us is a good suggestion.  Also, try <amazon>  They would have super fast shipping.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlinxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlinxo Posted 3 Sep 2015 , 8:58am
post #5 of 6

@amartin1900  @Brookebakescake   Thanks guys for all your helpful advice, i'll definitely keep it in mind for future reference. :)

@johnson6ofus  Thank you for finding that for me you're so sweet, I was debating to get that same one but wasn't sure if I wanted to pay $22 for it yikes! But fortunately I found another one for $8 bucks that is about the same size and is just as cute! :)

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 3 Sep 2015 , 11:46am
post #6 of 6

Definitely don't make one yourself and sell it. The Sanrio people are very protective of Hello Kitty, almost to the point of being like Disney and their characters. Always go with an official licensed version of those brands!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%