Suggestions Needed. French Pastries

Baking By trisme11 Updated 29 Aug 2015 , 3:34am by Norcalhiker

trisme11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trisme11 Posted 27 Aug 2015 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 4

Hi All,

I'm usually just lurking and shying away from posting but I am in need of some help here and I am hoping you will all be able to help me.     

My client wants a shipment of assorted French pastries. I am drawing a serious blank on what to make for him.

Madeleine, financiers, macarons are about all I can think of right now. Any help will be very much appreciated. I just don't want to do all this work and have things end up in crumbs by the time it gets there.  MA to NC

Thank you for reading and your suggestions,

Phil smile.png

3 replies
pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 27 Aug 2015 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 4

You need to check to find out if you need a special license (FDA permission) to ship food across state lines.

Aside from that, https://www.google.com/search?q=types+of+French+pastries&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 28 Aug 2015 , 10:50am
post #3 of 4
*Last edited by Shockolata on 28 Aug 2015 , 10:59am
Norcalhiker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norcalhiker Posted 29 Aug 2015 , 3:34am
post #4 of 4

I think you'll just have to make cookies. Honestly French pastries are not intended to hold.  The doughs are intended for consumption, ideally within 4 hours.  Pate a choux, puff pastry dough lose taste and texture very quickly.  The traditional pastries made with these doughs contain cream fillings.  Pate brisee hold longer, but again fillings will not ship. Likewise joconde and entremet are too fragile to ship.  Some things are better purchased locally.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%