Pineapple Upside Down Cake Wedding

Decorating By Klp333 Updated 11 Sep 2015 , 10:21pm by -K8memphis

Klp333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Klp333 Posted 14 Aug 2015 , 5:02am
post #1 of 7

Ok so i need suggestions,  my soon to be husband wants me to make a Pineapple upside down  wedding cake.  Ok who had done it and how?  Can i freeze the Pineapple cakes? I want to decorate with fondant what should go under it to hold it to the cake I was thinking swiss meringue buttercream or some sort of piping gel but I wanted it to taste nice. If anyone has any fun ideas for this I would be very grateful to take any suggestions availablegrinning.png

6 replies
cara1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cara1982 Posted 14 Aug 2015 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 7

No ideas but it sounds awesome! 

GJsLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GJsLady Posted 14 Aug 2015 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 7

I actually had a friend asking me not too long ago, if I could turn pineapple upside down cake into a wedding cake.  I added pineapple to my cake and then for a filling, I took butter, brown sugar and crushed pineapple, reduced it down to a "jam".  Then I just covered it in buttercream and fondant.  The cake itself needed a little more pineapple flavor, but with the filling, it actually tasted like pineapple upside down cake.  (Amazing)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Aug 2015 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 7

wow gjslady great work -- my only thought is add some rum somewhere smiley.png

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 14 Aug 2015 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 7

I love pineapple upside down cake!! Sounds really good!!!

Klp333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Klp333 Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 4:03pm
post #6 of 7

thanks everyone for your tips. I think I will do a naked cake using an old pinapple upside down recipe  and try to hold the layers together with brown sugar Italian buttercream.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 10:21pm
post #7 of 7

if you use pineapple rings like would be found in a lot of old pudc recipes -- consider slicing them through or even chopping them so they slice & serve easily -- good luck -- would love to see a picture but no pressure

pineapple.png

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%