Wedding Cake - Tiers

Baking By natashabakes Updated 10 Aug 2015 , 4:34pm by Kim1182

natashabakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
natashabakes Posted 10 Aug 2015 , 8:37am
post #1 of 4

Hi

Just looking for a little advice..

I'm baking my friends wedding cake, still learning everything as I go along - I've done one stacked cake to date.. The wedding is next August so I have plenty of time to perfect.. however...

The tiers that I suggested were; Maderia with lemon buttercream and fondant, choc fudge with choc buttercream and fondant and then the top to be a light fruit cake. The size will be a 12", 10" and 8". Having been doing a bit more reading today people are saying that fruit cake will sink into the lower two tiers even with dowels and cake boards in between.

Can somebody please advise if this is the case..  

Thanks in advance,

natashabakes x 

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Aug 2015 , 12:03pm
post #2 of 4

Not if it's supported the right way. I'd use plastic boards, not cardboards, and the moisture from the cake won't sink into the boards. That should take care of any problems.

natashabakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
natashabakes Posted 10 Aug 2015 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you very much for your advice.. I will look into plastic boards rather than card :)

Thankfully I have time to practise!  

Kim1182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim1182 Posted 10 Aug 2015 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 4

Take a look at using the SPS system.  You can find it at globalsugarart.com and it's made by Bakery Craft.  When you get to the website, go to the search box and type in SPS system or Bakery Crafts SPS.  There's even a video on how to use it.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%