Jane Asher Whisky & Drambuie Cake

Baking By Valc Updated 18 Jul 2015 , 9:35pm by craftybanana2

Valc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valc Posted 16 Jul 2015 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 7

I dont know if anyone can help me. Many years ago i ordered a booklet from a Jane Asher Christmas Cooking slot that appeared on a morning tv prgramme.   All the recipes where great but  the above cake was the best ever.  Unfortunately, I lost it due to a move.  Ive seen that a couple of people have the recipe but it was a few years ago.  Does anyone have the recipe and could be so kind as to let me have a copy.  I wish i could get a copy of the booklet but i would be over the moon with the cake recipe.

Thanks in anticipation

Val

6 replies
thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 16 Jul 2015 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 7

Is this what you're looking for: http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/578240

Valc Posted 16 Jul 2015 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 7

Unfortunately its not, the one im looking for has both Whisky and Drambuie in but thank you so much for looking.

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 18 Jul 2015 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 7

On this thread:http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/502523/alcohol-for-a-fruit-cake

A user says they have the book, PM MikeRowesHunny on there and see if he's still around and would give you the recipe :)

Valc Posted 18 Jul 2015 , 5:09pm
post #5 of 7

I have emailed them and hopefully he is still around.  Thank you very much for letting me know., 

mccantsbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccantsbakes Posted 18 Jul 2015 , 6:30pm
post #6 of 7

Have you looked on eBay

I found an obscure magazine from the early 80's that featured my grandpa on the cover.....it was out of publication and totally random and I found it on eBay 

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 18 Jul 2015 , 9:35pm
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%