Color Question

Decorating By Sarahoza Updated 9 Jul 2015 , 2:33am by Sarahoza

Sarahoza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarahoza Posted 8 Jul 2015 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 6

Hello ladies,

My cousin's engagement party is within a couple of weeks and I offered to make the engagement cake for the couple. The bride-to-be picked the cake. I'm confused about the exact color of the cake and which color to use (I think it is Wilton peach but I'm not sure). I want to post the cake's photo but there is no attach button.... Therefore, I will place it as my profile photo for a while so that you ladies & gent can see it and please help me out.

I would really appreciate your input :)

To the original cake designer (whom I do not know): I hope you don't mind me doing this and I will change a couple of things to the original design :D

Thank you so much everyone :*

5 replies
Sarahoza Posted 8 Jul 2015 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 6

So I managed to add the photo but not as my profile pic. I placed it under the same post's name.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 8 Jul 2015 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 6

It's impossible to tell the exact color of the cake - - the entire photo has sort of a pink tint to it.  Why don't you ask your cousin what color she would prefer and go with that?

Sarahoza Posted 8 Jul 2015 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 6

Hello jgifford,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I did ask the bride-to-be but since the groom is my cousin, I don't know her at all and as you know different people see different colors differently. She agreed to go with peach and I'm puzzled on how to achieve that degree of color. So I'm wondering if I go with Wilton's cream peach and ivory would get me as close as possible to the color. :)

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 12:57am
post #5 of 6

I've never used that particular color, but here is the Wilton website for their color chart. 

Wilton Color Chart (how to mix different colors to get a new color):
http://www.wilton.com/decorating/icing/icing-color-chart.cfm

Sarahoza Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 2:33am
post #6 of 6

The chart is amazing..... millions of thanks jgifford ^_^

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%