Cake Pops

Decorating By Debbie45628 Updated 17 Jun 2015 , 1:36pm by ypierce82

Debbie45628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie45628 Posted 17 Jun 2015 , 2:17am
post #1 of 5

I used a recipe that said to mix 1/2 cup of frosting into a quarter sheet cake of crumbs and use chocolate on the stick to secure them, well I couldn't get them to stay in them at all....I made them out and froze them, then added the sticks and used the chocolate to secure them...I had nothing but a mess...Can someone help me?  Thanks

4 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 17 Jun 2015 , 2:22am
post #2 of 5

I dip the stick in chocolate first and then insert into pop then freeze them or put in fridge.

ceeselena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceeselena Posted 17 Jun 2015 , 2:30am
post #3 of 5

Alright, so from what I understand you made a cake, crumbled it, and added 1/4 cup of frosting. And now I don't understand what you did next?

Debbie45628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie45628 Posted 17 Jun 2015 , 4:56am
post #4 of 5

So maybe I should have dipped the stick in choc and inserted them before I froze the balls....I also had trouble with the chocolate being too thick, even though I thinned it, I was dipping frozen balls....these can't be this much of a mess to make or no one would make them...and ceeselena...after I added the frosting, I made them into balls and froze them, then dipped the sticks into the melted choc and returned to the refrigerator for about another hr and they wouldn't stay in....

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 17 Jun 2015 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, dip the stick then insert into pop, then place in freezer. I usually set mine in the fridge because I found that bringing them from the freezer into room temperature causes the chocolate to crack once they have been dipped. I also use about 2 tbsp of shortening to thin the chocolate. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%