Flavor Combinations - Your Thoughts And Advice Please :)

Baking By kitten1021 Updated 19 May 2015 , 6:52am by Pastrybaglady

kitten1021 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitten1021 Posted 19 May 2015 , 2:41am
post #1 of 5

Hello Everyone,

I am making about 60 cupcakes for a graduation party. So I decided that I wanted to do a bunch of different flavors so I'm doing the Wilton 3D cupcakes (Not the Giant cupcake, the pan I'm talking about has 6 cavities and you bake the top and bottom separately then assemble when cooled. Pic of the pan at the bottom of this post ) I think the 3D cupcakes are a bit bigger than standard cupcakes which I think would be great with some filling. So I'm gonna do 10 different flavors so 6 of each flavor. All will be iced with white buttercream and decorations in the school colors. I think that buttercream will go ok with all of these flavor combos. Do you agree?  I made a list of flavors and fillings that I think will go well together. Please take a look and let me know what you think of the combos. Any advice or opinions are welcome :) Thanks

Cupcake                           Filling

1. Dark Chocolate  with Raspberry

2. Triple Chocolate with Bavarian Cream

3. Cherry Chip with Vanilla Cream

4.  Lemon with Blueberry

5.  Key Lime with Coconut

6. Strawberry with Cream Cheese

7. Funfetti with Cherry

8. Caramel Apple with Apple & Caramel

9. Vanilla (the yellow cake) with Chocolate 

10. Coconut with Lemon

2105-0678.jpg

4 replies
Krypto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krypto Posted 19 May 2015 , 2:51am
post #2 of 5

I think your flavors sound great. Just keep in mind that pan will use a lot more batter than a standard cupcake tin. Good luck!

kitten1021 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitten1021 Posted 19 May 2015 , 3:17am
post #3 of 5

Thanks so much. I have been trying to figure out how much batter it will take to fill all 6 cavities on the pan. I've heard your suppose to fill them up to 3/4 full but I'm unsure that this info is correct and no one seems to have an idea how much batter is needed. If all else fails I'll just have to wait to get the batter until after I get the pan and give it a try. Thanks for the comments :)

Happyfood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Happyfood Posted 19 May 2015 , 4:29am
post #4 of 5

Isaw your other related link for this pan and left you a reply.  Hope it helps you out. 

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 19 May 2015 , 6:52am
post #5 of 5

60 cupcakes 3 at a time and having to wash it 19 times in between with all those flavors?  Now that's some devotion right there!  Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%