Baking Cup Question

Baking By Webake2gether Updated 18 May 2015 , 10:51pm by Happyfood

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 14 May 2015 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 11

I am making chocolate cupcakes and the colors of the baking cups are red and blue. Someone suggested baking them in a white cup and then placing them in the colored ones. Would that look ok or would the gap between the baking cups be really noticeable?

10 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 May 2015 , 4:29pm
post #2 of 11

the red and blue will disappear if you bake them in those right -- so it's your choice -- it's not super noticeable -- it's prettier i think

-K8memphis Posted 14 May 2015 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 11

i mean the extra cupcake liner is not super noticeable 

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 14 May 2015 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 11

The second cup makes it look a little ruffly but lots of bakers do that.  The alternative would be to double up the colored liners.

-K8memphis Posted 14 May 2015 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 11

and you can reinforce the fold around the bottom too so it holds better -- like refold it at 12/3/6/9 o'clock -- or give it a extra fold right above where it's already folded -- i don't know if i explained that very well -- i typed it out once before but deleted it -- so...there it is anyhow

-K8memphis Posted 14 May 2015 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 11

and if you try the folding thing -- fold a whole stack at a time -- not one by one

Webake2gether Posted 15 May 2015 , 6:32pm
post #7 of 11

I'm going to make two cupcakes one in just a red or blue liner and then one in white and see what it looks like to put it in another liner to see which I like best. I know they sell red and blue foil baking cups but I did to want the shiny look. These "test" ones can be our taste samples so it all works out :) thanks again I will certainly try the tips!! 

Webake2gether Posted 16 May 2015 , 9:44pm
post #8 of 11

The cups didn't fade and the blue and red are still visible even with the chocolate cake!!! I'm actually very surprised I didn't have any issues :) 

-K8memphis Posted 17 May 2015 , 12:54am
post #9 of 11

Well good -- shows yah how much I know -- hahaha

Webake2gether Posted 17 May 2015 , 3:55am
post #10 of 11

I've had them fade before so trust me you know a thing or two :) I think I just was fortunate these didn't  and in case anyone is curious they were Wilton brand the package has red, blue, and yellow. And even the yellow didn't disappear. I usually don't use a whole lot of Wilton products but had these on hand and couldn't find the shade of blue and red I was looking for other than these so I gave these a shot and they worked!!!

Happyfood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Happyfood Posted 18 May 2015 , 10:51pm
post #11 of 11

That is good to know about the Wilton papers.  I like how a cupcake looks when it is in a double paper but if I am in a hurry or run out it is good to have a backup plan.  :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%