Is It Too Cheap?

Decorating By reenie Updated 27 Jan 2007 , 3:09am by indydebi

reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 2:55am
post #1 of 4

Is it too cheap to make a wedding cake using a cake mix?

3 replies
subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 3:00am
post #2 of 4

I always use a doctored cake mix, and I have always had wonderful reviews. I just use the whole egg, use buttermilk instead of water, and add a little vanilla. Everyone seems to love it.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 3:01am
post #3 of 4

Not if that's what you use, it is tried and true for you and the client loves the flavor.

I am a mix baker but have developed my own recipes for doctoring up a mix to make it a bit more interesting. I'm learning to bake cakes from scratch but I wouldn't dare try anything that important because I haven't done it enough to feel confident enough-yet!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 3:09am
post #4 of 4

Been using cake mixes for over 25 years. People who are self-professed cake haters tell me that mine are the only cakes they will eat. To quote what a fellow CC'er said on a similar post: I see no reason to change now.

I wouldn't call it "cheap" to use a mix. It's a personal preference of what works for you. You will find die-hard scratch bakers and die-hard mix bakers on here. Lots of experiences to pull from to help you find what works best for you and your clients.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%