ameena Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 1:06am
post #1 of

Hi,

anyone know of some good stores that sell cake decorating stuff? I'm on the hunt for stuff for my wedding cake!

Thanks in advance....

ameena

princess.gif

8 replies
Janzcakes Posted 13 Mar 2005 , 7:06am
post #2 of

www.mts.net/~evelyns1/index.htm#menu
www.bellecakeandcandy.com/index.html

and of course Michaels in Winnipeg Manitoba are all places where I get my cake supplies. Good luck!

Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Mar 2005 , 6:36pm
post #3 of

Ameena,

What province do you live in? I live in Calgary...there is a good Hobby store here called PM Hobby which has a great selection of cake stuff.

ameena Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 1:56am
post #4 of

I'm in Saskatchewan but travel to Winnipeg at least once a year and Calgary about once a year. I know I will be in cowtown a couple times this year.

At the places you suggested in Winnipeg and Calgary, how are the prices? Are they cheaper than Michaels?

Thanks

ameena princess.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 2:40am
post #5 of

Well PM is a bit more pricier than Michael's but they carry other cake decorating supplies by other companies other than Wilton.Michael's carries wilton exclusively and not all of their product line.At least I know I can get ahold of lustre dusts,chocolate making supplies etc...when I need it!!They also carry ALL the wilton tips and not just a few here or there!!

ameena Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 1:41pm
post #6 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

Well PM is a bit more pricier than Michael's but they carry other cake decorating supplies by other companies other than Wilton.Michael's carries wilton exclusively and not all of their product line.At least I know I can get ahold of lustre dusts,chocolate making supplies etc...when I need it!!They also carry ALL the wilton tips and not just a few here or there!!

Oh cool.. all the tips! Plust no pst to worry about! thumbs_up.gif

Do they have a website?

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 2:09pm
post #7 of

Yeah they do but they have nothing on there about cake decorating supplies because they are mostly a hobby shop that specializes in models,trains,airplanes etc..but they have an extensive cake decorating dept also.

www.pmhobbycraft.ca

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 5:21pm
post #8 of

Ameena,

Email me when you will be in town and maybe we can meet up for a coffee and go to the hobby shop??

Laurel : jdemchuk@telus.net

ameena Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 1:27am
post #9 of

Sure, I will add you to my address book!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%