Tiramisu Cake Or Filling Recipes???

Baking By loveqm Updated 29 Jan 2007 , 6:25pm by 1dessertdiva

loveqm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveqm Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 17

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good recipes for cake or fillings or even frostings that tastes like tiramisu? I am in love w/ tiramisu and was wondering if I could incorporate that flavor for a cake instead since it's so expensive to make tiramisu.

Thanks!

16 replies
loveqm Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 17

bump...anyone???

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 17

I know that Braun makes a tiramisu mousse mix that I've used before- it's pretty good and you can use it to fill and ice a cake. I will try to find a retail source for it.

loveqm Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 17

thanks, I would love to know more about it...=)

ahmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahmommy Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 17

I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW

kaurislapsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaurislapsi Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 7:54pm
post #6 of 17

I have made it like this (sorry it's translated from finnish)

Mousse:

200 grams (7 oz) cream cheese
0,5 dl (1,7 floz) sugar
2 eggs
2 dl (6,7 floz) heavy cream (whipped cream)
4 sheets of gelatine
2 tbls of cacao powder
0,5 dl (1,7 floz) amaretto (or other almond liquer, maybe almond exact will do also)

Do like this:
But gelatinesheets into cold water (I donno if you use sheets like we do). Whip the cream in another bowl. Separate egg whites and whip them well. In another bowl whip the egg yellowparts and sugar lightly. Add cream cheese to this mix. Add cacao in too. Heat the liquer to the boiling part and add gelatine sheets to it (without water of cource). Mix well and take away from the heat. Add this mix to the sugar-creamcheese-cacao mix.
But all the mixes together. Fill the cake with edge (I mean a pan with the edge that is adjustable) if possible.

jenni

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 7:59pm
post #7 of 17

Where I shop, the Braun tiramisu mix is in the same place as the "ethnic" type foods. You know--with the danish cookies and french puddings, things like that!

It's got everything you need to make it for like $4.00. Ladyfingers, mousse mix, cocoa for sprinking, etc.

--Knox--

sweetamber Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 8:13pm
post #8 of 17

Knox- you can buy it at a store?? Lucky duck! I just found out that the supplier I used to get it from (years ago) was bought by another company and they don't sell to the general public. Where do you get yours at? Do they have other flavors? I used the "Alaska Express" mousse mix, and the raspberry was divine....

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 8:19pm
post #9 of 17

SweetAmber: I'm not sure of your location, but I'm in East TN. Our stores for food include like, KROGERS, FOOD CITY, INGALL'S, FOOD LION, PIGGLY WIGGLY.

Now, I don't shop at FOOD LION or PIGGLY WIGGLY. I only go to Kroger's and Food City, just because they're convenient to where I live. In both of those stores, they sell it there in the ethnic/regional desserts section.

If y'all have trouble getting it, just pm me with your info and I'll be glad to ship some to you.

--Knox--

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 12:28am
post #10 of 17

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tiramisu-Layer-Cake/Detail.aspx

I haven't tried this, so I can't vouch for taste.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 12:33am
post #11 of 17

anyone else?

bump

loveqm Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 12:36am
post #12 of 17

hmmm... you guys are talking about a mouse filling to use in a cake right??? I have never heard of the brand braum before...? can it be found in texas?

1dessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1dessertdiva Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 12:49am
post #13 of 17

Hi I have an obsession about Tiramisu, it is my favorite dessert, so needless to say I have oodles of recipes!!

I am on my way out to a basketball game so I don't have time, but I will e-mail later.

Tiramisu flavored cakes and desserts.

Joan
thedessertdiva

Eme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eme Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 12:50am
post #14 of 17

If you do a search for tiramisu cake recipes on the net, you can find several recipes. I found one for a wedding cake and used their syrup recipe on my white almond wedding cake, then took the traditional filling, decreased the cream and subbed half the sugar with powdered sugar...to get a better frosting consistency. My DH's boss wanted one for the restaurant (I make their cakes - its a small bistro), and it is an absolute hit. Good Luck. thumbs_up.gif

sweetamber Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 12:53am
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveqm

hmmm... you guys are talking about a mouse filling to use in a cake right??? I have never heard of the brand braum before...? can it be found in texas?

It's Braun- I have only seen it through foodservice suppliers, so I'm not exactly sure if the stuff that Knox gets is the same thing or not. I have a bag of raspberry mix right here and it says "Made by Martin Braun KG- Hannover-Germany" The place I used to get it from sold direct to the public, but they've been bought by a company that only deals with food establishments. I have not been able to find an alternate source. Sorry!

The mousse recipe that Jenni (kaurislapsi) posted will work. Just use sponge cake layers soaked with a coffee/kahlua cake syrup, dust the soaked layers with cocoa, and fill with the mousse.

loveqm Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 2:03am
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dessertdiva

Hi I have an obsession about Tiramisu, it is my favorite dessert, so needless to say I have oodles of recipes!!

I am on my way out to a basketball game so I don't have time, but I will e-mail later.

Tiramisu flavored cakes and desserts.

Joan
thedessertdiva

Hi Joan- thedessertdiva, I was wondering if you had time to locate your recipes yet? Thanks!

1dessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1dessertdiva Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 6:25pm
post #17 of 17

Hi,

I have so many I can't begin to type 1/4 of them, but we will see about a few at a time, the draw back is my favorite, the one I adapted through trial and error for my restaurant is packed in storage, so that wont be available for a little while, when I find it I will be happy to post it.

4 eggs@ room temp.
1 cup plus 2 tbs granulated sugar (divided)
1ts vanilla extract3/4 cup ap flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup espresso
1/4 brandy
16 oz Marscapone cheese
16 oz heavy whipping cream
2 tsp unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup whipping cream
1-2 oz of grated Bittersweet chocolate

For sponge cake preheat oven to 350 f grease a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 baking sheet (jelly roll pan) line with waxed or parchment paper.
Beat eggs and 3/4 cup sugar in a large mixing bowl @ hi speed till mixture forms a ribbon when beaters are lifted. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour & salt in a small bowl sift into egg mixture then gently fold in with a spatula. Spread into pan bake 12-15 min til top springs back when touched lightly. You may put this into pastry bag and pipe out into ladyfingers instead of cake.
For syrup mix coffee, 2 tbs sugar and brandy, till sugar is dissolved.
For filling,in a large bowl blend Marscapone with 1/4 cup sugar beat whipped cream and fold gently into marscapone mix.
To assemble cut cake in half put one half(or ladyfingers) in casserole dish drizzle evenly with 1/2 of syrup then spread marscapone mix over, sprinkle grated bittersweet chocolate over and top with next layer of cake then drizzle syrup evenly and dusted with cocoa powder.
I like to serve this with a Kahlua creme angalis in a martini glass with a piped chocolate garnish

If you are looking for a quick alternative to baking you can buy an instant Tiramisu at Cost Plus world market made by Oetker, it takes 15 minutes prep and 15 minutes to chill.
P.M. me if I forget to post a few more.

I hope you enjoy

Buon Appetito!!
Joan
thedessertdiva

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%