Need Tips On Making A Small Fondant American Flag

Decorating By dropofrain2 Updated 4 May 2015 , 6:45pm by -K8memphis

dropofrain2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dropofrain2 Posted 4 May 2015 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 3

Hello!

what is the easiest way to make a small (less than 3x5) American flag out of fondant? Is it better to put red stripes on the top of white? Or paint them on? How about stars? I tried to search this forum but came up with 74,160 entries but nothing really that answers my questions.

thanks in advance

2 replies
cakebreezy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebreezy Posted 4 May 2015 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 3

Hi

I would layer stripes of white and red next to one another and roll over with a pin to make them stick together and for the stars draw wtih an edible marker or possibly a small star shaped stamp or sponge dipped in white food color.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 May 2015 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 3

i would use edible ink markers or paint for the red stripes and blue for the blue field and i would use silver dots for the stars -- i'd use poetic/creative license and blow the 50 star thing and just bling it out a bit --

and if i made it like cakebreezy does i would have to place the stripes on a full piece of fondant first because mine would fall apart  and be wonky and while clearly i am not opposed to creative license unless you moisten them or something they might fall apart when you pick it up -- i'm just saying mine would -- but then after moistening the blood red stripes and the beautiful shimmering pristine white stripes to stick together -- they would get weepy toward each other, lines would blur i'd have red white and pink -- and i would get frustrated -- so before i need a valium i would take the plain white fondant and score the lines and use edible ink marker or paint made with booze and gel food color -- screw that i probably just need to drink the booze and be done with it -- hahahaha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%