Filling

Decorating By Helen57 Updated 15 Apr 2015 , 12:46pm by TheresaCarol

Helen57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helen57 Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 11:37am
post #1 of 8

I am making a birthday cake it will be covered with fondant, what will keep longer butter ream or cream cheese filling, i need a filling that will last more than a week?

7 replies
MKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MKC Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 12:17pm
post #2 of 8

Buttercream for sure!

Helen57 Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 12:23pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you, new to this lol x

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 8

Cream cheese anything, (made with real cream cheese), is VERY perishable and cannot be out of a refrigerator for more than 2 hours or it becomes potentially unsafe.  

Helen57 Posted 15 Apr 2015 , 5:31am
post #5 of 8

Ok thanks for advice will definitely remember that for future, but what about the ready made cream cheese filling you buy in supermarkets ? Confused !. 

TheresaCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheresaCarol Posted 15 Apr 2015 , 12:44pm
post #6 of 8

If you are talking about cream cheese pastry filling, the manufacturer says it can be stored at room temperature in a sealed container for up to two weeks.  Since this is flavored cream cheese and not actual cream cheese, no refrigeration is needed.  The pastry filling I use is http://www.countrykitchensa.com/shop/ingredients-icing-colors-flavors/pastry-filling-cream-cheese/46/587/798/619081/.  I believe the brand to be Henry's.  The filling can also be added to buttercream and does not break the buttercream down (1/2 cup pastry filling to 6 cups of buttercream).

TheresaCarol Posted 15 Apr 2015 , 12:44pm
post #7 of 8

If you are talking about cream cheese pastry filling, the manufacturer says it can be stored at room temperature in a sealed container for up to two weeks.  Since this is flavored cream cheese and not actual cream cheese, no refrigeration is needed.  The pastry filling I use is http://www.countrykitchensa.com/shop/ingredients-icing-colors-flavors/pastry-filling-cream-cheese/46/587/798/619081/.  I believe the brand to be Henry's.  The filling can also be added to buttercream and does not break the buttercream down (1/2 cup pastry filling to 6 cups of buttercream).

TheresaCarol Posted 15 Apr 2015 , 12:46pm
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%