Rose Petals On B/c Wedding Cake???

Decorating By mrsmac888 Updated 13 Apr 2015 , 2:02pm by -K8memphis

mrsmac888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmac888 Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 4

Good Morning Ladies,

I am doing this wedding cake for a bride.  She does not want the "waves".  I will be frosting it in crusting b/c and it will have a simple border.  I want to make the rose petals and not use silk.  What would you make them out of and how do you attach them to the cake, so that they will stay put?

Thank you,

Christina

http://cakesdecor.com/cakes/75079-belle

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 4

fondant + cornstarch kneaded in + raspberry oil (optional) you make them just like gum paste rose petals and let them set up on spoons just until dry/set enough to remove and hold their shape then place the next batch -- jeffrey arnett of upside down cake icing fame -- taught me this -- i bought plastic spoons as he recommended and cut off the handles and dry my rose petals on there -- works great --

people love to eat candy rose petals -- i scatter them around the cake table too -- and for applying to crusted buttercream just pipe a dab of icing on the back -- melted chocolate or piping gel will also work -

best to you

mrsmac888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmac888 Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 4

K8-

Thank you!  How far in advance can I make the rose petals?  Is the raspberry oil just to make them more palatable?

C~

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 2:02pm
post #4 of 4

yes just for taste -- any flavor oil will work -- and for crusting buttercream actually you can just stick them in the icing too -- you can make them weeks in advance --

best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%