Rose Cake Frosting?

Decorating By danisolano.93 Updated 14 Apr 2015 , 11:49pm by annacuscino

danisolano.93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danisolano.93 Posted 9 Apr 2015 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 9

Hello everyone, I'm going to do a rose cake, it is my first time doing it so I don't know which frosting is better. Well I don't like the American Buttercream cause it is too sweet and taste a lot of butter, I saw there is the Swiss Meringue Buttercream and I want it to try and do it with this one, but I don't know if it's work well as the American Buttercream. The thing is I don't want my roses to melt.  Can someone please help me with this. Thanks :)

Swiss Meringue Buttercream Recipe (Martha Stewart)

5 large egg whites

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of sugar

Pinch of Salt

1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons, room temperature

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

8 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 9 Apr 2015 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 9

Do you mean roses as in the kind you make on a flower nail or rosettes as in with a 1M tip?  SMBC is great for rosettes as you have have some good definition but it is softer and roses can certainly be made with a rose tip and flower nail, but they are not quite as crisp as ones made with ABC.  SMBC is not as sweet as ABC but it is quite buttery as well.  You probably need to know the preference of whomever you're making the cake for.  Opinions run pretty deep about what people like on their cake!

danisolano.93 Posted 9 Apr 2015 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you very much Pastrybaglady. Im doing a rosette cake with a 1M tip.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 9 Apr 2015 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 9

This was done with SMBC.

Sherbet Rosette Cake Cake decorated with SMBC and 1M tip.

danisolano.93 Posted 9 Apr 2015 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks really! Definately im doing it with SMBC :)

danisolano.93 Posted 9 Apr 2015 , 11:42pm
post #6 of 9

Definitely*

annacuscino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annacuscino Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 11:47pm
post #7 of 9

Hi i did a test run on piping buttercream roses and they looked beautiful but after 4 hours they slid down the cake. I used the butter and icing sugar buttercream. I did crumb coat the cake but cant work out whst I did wrong. Has this happened to anyone else and can anyone help me as I dont want it to fail for my granddaughter's 1st birthday. Thanks Anna

annacuscino Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 11:48pm
post #8 of 9

Hi i did a test run on piping buttercream roses and they looked beautiful but after 4 hours they slid down the cake. I used the butter and icing sugar buttercream. I did crumb coat the cake but cant work out whst I did wrong. Has this happened to anyone else and can anyone help me as I dont want it to fail for my granddaughter's 1st birthday. Thanks Anna

annacuscino Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 11:49pm
post #9 of 9

Hi i did a test run on piping buttercream roses and they looked beautiful but after 4 hours they slid down the cake. I used the butter and icing sugar buttercream. I did crumb coat the cake but cant work out what I did wrong. Has this happened to anyone else and can anyone help me as I dont want it to fail for my granddaughter's 1st birthday. Thanks Anna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%