Cake Decorating Room

Business By Sullyandmike Updated 29 Mar 2015 , 6:08am by julia1812

Sullyandmike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sullyandmike Posted 28 Mar 2015 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all.....

have just joined the forum, and am excited to start mingling with everyone and learning from all the topics on here.

My question is this. I've been decorating cakes for just over a year now, and all my "stuff" is starting to trickle out of the garage  and into the kitchen and annoying everyone. I also have to put it all away when I'm not working on it. We are lucky enough to have an unused double room upstairs which I am going to be able to use as a cake room. I'd like some advice on "must haves" as far as storage for cake decorating supplies is concerned......drawers etc. many thanks in advance.

sully x 

2 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 28 Mar 2015 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 3

Always happy to meet a Pixar fan (my daughter is applying for an internship there)!  We actually had a guided tour by the creator of Sully and Mike :D 

Too bad the search function isn't working there was a really great thread about this topic.  People showed pictures of their cake rooms.  The one piece of storage equipment I really liked (a bit pricey though) is a rolling multidrawer tool chest.  I saw one at Costco for close to $300, but it was amazing.  Maybe one day!  My cookie cutter collection is a bit out of control at this moment.  I've emptied every junky drawer near my kitchen and filled them with cake stuff.  So for the time being I group tools (fondant, racks, mats, tips, etc.) and put them in bins that fit in my various drawers.

Welcome to the forum!

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%