Help Please. My Color Is All Wrong And Cake Is Due Sat. What Colors Should I Mix For Florida Gator Blue?

Decorating By Mybearsbaby Updated 27 Mar 2015 , 2:25am by Mybearsbaby

Mybearsbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mybearsbaby Posted 26 Mar 2015 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 6

Hey everyone! I need help to make this "Florida" blue. I mixed up Americolor electric blue and royal blue in my icing, and it needed to be darker, so I added a touch of black. The color is very dull and not vivid. Should I add more electric blue? It doesn't seem to be darkening, and I have added so much color I am afraid the icing will be bitter. TIA. 

5 replies
Mybearsbaby Posted 26 Mar 2015 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 6

I tried to add a picture, but it didn't show up. 

Mybearsbaby Posted 26 Mar 2015 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 6
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 26 Mar 2015 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 6

You have to post the picture in the gallery first, then copy and paste the link.

Adding black in most cases makes a color not darker, it gives it just a touch of grey.

Don't know what Florida blue is, but for DARK blue you have to add dark blue.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 26 Mar 2015 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 6

STOP.  Color will darken overnight.   Always let darker colors have at least 3 hours to darken on their own.

Also, since we have no idea what "Florida Blue" is, there's no way we can offer advice.  Just do the best you can and live with it.

Mybearsbaby Posted 27 Mar 2015 , 2:25am
post #6 of 6

Thanks yall! I added some more Royal Blue, then stopped. It worked, and is now the shade I needed. I tried to upload a picture to show the color I needed, but didn't know I had to upload to the gallery first (so thanks for telling me @julia1812. :) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%