The New Cricut Explore

Decorating By Chloezee Updated 14 Mar 2015 , 8:36pm by icingimages

Chloezee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chloezee Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 2

I notice there are thousands of these on the marked secondhand called the Cricut Cake??? Or Expression? No-one has been able to tell me whether this machine also has a cake decorating function - a better one and where we can download our own designs. They're very hush about that. There is NO WAY I will buy any of the others which I have seen only really bad tutorials of, or people who regretted it, not to mention the cheap ones we can buy second hand on Ebay. Does anyone know? Cheers everybody

1 reply
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 2

Way Way back when, the Cricut Cake had software that allowed you to upload your images and cut them out. There was a big law suit which ended that function. One of the additinoal problems is that they pushed cutting fondant which took a lot of prescision and also alot of frustrations.  Enter The Silhouette.  This machine icing sheets and you can also buy a blade that allows you to cut gumpaste.  Keep in mind cutting gumpaste takes patience as well.  Icing Images sells the machines and awesome icing sheets that are easy to cut with a how to book.  DeseretDesigns sells the same package but with a gumpaste blade.  With this machine you can print just about anything you can get in to your computer!  We do recommend that you have some computer knowledge to use this machine, otherwise you are better off using the Sweet Accents which uses no computer and no electricity, but it uses food safe dies to cut the icing sheets.  Now the Silhouette is amazing. If you have a smart phone, you can even use a special mat, put any picture on it, take a picture of it using your smart phone and uploaded in to the software and cut out what it was that you took a picture of.  In addition, you can use the Silhouette software and your edible printer and print a picture and use the Silhouette Software and the Silhouette Cutter to cut out what you printed.  The Silhouette is amazing and you are only limited by your imagination!!! I will be glad to answer any other questions you may have!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%