Fondant Cream.

Sugar Work By cherrybombs Updated 7 Mar 2015 , 5:03pm by -K8memphis

cherrybombs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrybombs Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 5

Hi. Does anyone know if you can make fruit flavoured fondant cream filling for chocolates using ready made sugar paste?

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 5

it might be possible -- but i would not make any that way -- anything is possible right -- but the fruity centers in bonbons are made a different way not with roll-able cake fondant -- it's still called fondant but it's not cake fondant -- i mean why we can't come up with a few additional names for things idk -- 

http://thebakingpan.com/recipes/frosting/fondant/#.VPo46PnF9yw

http://thebakingpan.com/recipes/candy/bonbons/#.VPo4tfnF9yw

cherrybombs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrybombs Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 8:58am
post #3 of 5

Thanks. I might try it. Would that give me the kind of filling you would get in packaged chocolate. Like orange/strawberry creams?

-K8memphis Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 5

yes exactly -- and there's a substance you can get to put into it to make it turn to liquid after you dip it like for cherry cordials -- it's in the drawer over there -- can't remember the name -- too warm & cozy to go look right now -- i'll be back...

-K8memphis Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 5:03pm
post #5 of 5

Quote by @-K8memphis on 3 hours ago

... there's a substance you can get to put into it to make it turn to liquid after you dip it like for cherry cordials -- it's in the drawer over there -- can't remember the name -- too warm & cozy to go look right now -- i'll be back...

it's called invertase -- and so you make your candy fondant substance and add a few drops of the invertase and wrap it around a marachino cherry and dip it into the chocolate and after a few hours the fondant has turned into a clear liquid transforming into a cherry cordial -- so much fun --

there's a way to do it without the invertase but it involves a lot of work so i just use the drops hahahaha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%