Inspection Is Scheduled! :d

Business By PhunCakes Updated 24 Feb 2015 , 11:24pm by leah_s

PhunCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PhunCakes Posted 24 Feb 2015 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 4

ASo I am very excited because this Friday I have scheduled a township zoning inspection for my home based business. After this inspection I have to pass the state inspection. I am super nervous but hopefully everything will go smoothly. Just wanted to share with you guys! If you have any inspection tips or stories I'd love to hear them!:grin:

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Feb 2015 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 4

idk -- it seems that (health) inspectors like to give you advice and try hard to find something to ding you on but idk -- do you have thermometers for your fridge and freezer? but this is mostly the regular health inspectors i'm thinking of -- i don't think i ever had a zoning inspection nor a state inspection --

so take all that with a grain of salt/sugar

and i wish you the best of the best with 100% grade A gold star scores

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 24 Feb 2015 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 4

Have you read all the regulations and tried to make sure you're following them to a T?  Everything 6" off the floor, nothing in the fridge uncovered, latching bins for all food ingredients and towels, all bins labeled, etc.?

My advice?  DON'T treat your inspector like the enemy - make him your friend.  He's a wonderful source of information for you.  Point out to him something you might wonder about and do it before he sees it.  Follow him around and ask questions.

When we bought our cafe', the previous owners were under a 10-day notice to fix things or be shut down.  In almost 2 years, we haven't received anything lower than a 94, and we've received several 100s.  The first 3 times our inspector came in, we actually heard him say "Wow!"  He walks through and then sits and drinks at least 1 cup of coffee and chats with us.  He never did that before, but we're always happy to see him and he knows we're trying to do things right.

Just be friendly and get all the information out of him that you can.  He'll love you!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Feb 2015 , 11:24pm
post #4 of 4

A zoning inspection?  Never heard of such a thing.  Please tell us all about it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%