Sturdy And Unique/delishous Recipe Needed For Taste Competition

Decorating By shannycakers Updated 12 Feb 2015 , 2:18pm by -K8memphis

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 12 Feb 2015 , 1:36pm
post #1 of 5

Hello, I am doing a competition in 2 weeks and being judged on flavor and design (3 tiers) against 3 other bakers. My flavors I offer at my shop are basics. I need to stack cake there (with no settling time, in hoped no bulges form). Im guessing I will have to do a thick dam.. and im thinking maybe a pound cake.. im not sure, but i need some good combos/recipes that are unique and tasty for the judges. Any ideas?

cake that can be stacked easily with least bulging (I only have 2 hours to stack/decorate it)

I would like to do a pancake flavor or something..

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Feb 2015 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 5

Ai suggest you use a nicely flavored simple syrup splash -- my default flavor is grand marnier -- but pick a flavor that enhances your flavor profile -- bacon? :) idk?

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 12 Feb 2015 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 5

oh sounds fun!! have a look through this thread there are lots of wonderful wonderful ideas here:

http://www.cakecentral.com/t/614554/help-gourmet-flavors

With regard to the dam you might need to trial a few things from that thread and see what works best for you.

2 hours to decorate.... wow.... not enough time for something really crazy but the bottom tier could be something like a tablecloth covered tabletop maybe using icing sheets or wafer paper, 2nd maybe something like a classic blue and white plate design to show piping/stenciling, then a stack of pancakes, that would be fairly quick.... are you allowed to bring premade RKT extras like a pouring syrup bottle or lemons or something?

Hope that helps and good luck!!

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 12 Feb 2015 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 5

uh-oh you've already got K8 and I here bouncing ideas off each other... this could get dangerous!! lol

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Feb 2015 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 5

:lol:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%