Can Someone Tell Me How This Is Done? What Tip And Size, And Is There A Special Technique? No This Is Not My Cake Just Want To Decorte Like It

Decorating By tess7591 Updated 7 Sep 2015 , 11:33pm by tess7591

tess7591 Posted 10 Feb 2015 , 4:41am
post #1 of 5


4 replies
MsGF Posted 10 Feb 2015 , 12:18pm
post #2 of 5

It looks like a tip 104.


It's the same as this technique but piped around the cake one row at at time, starting at the bottom and working up.  Some of the ribbon's have sagged down in the photo but that just adds more texture and beauty to the cake.


Hope that helps.

CatherineGeorge Posted 10 Feb 2015 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 5

Those look like Maggie Austin Cakes -style fondant ruffles to me. She has a Craftsy class where she demonstrates how she does it. 

MsGF Posted 10 Feb 2015 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 5

This is who it is made by:!/4/CAKES/36


I saw it close up and I think it is strips of fondant to.  But it is totally doable in buttercream.

tess7591 Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 5

I just want to say thank you to all, sorry I have not been on in a long time and the gal went with a different look! Love this site love all the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%