Homemade Egg Noodles

Lounge By Debbie45628 Updated 17 Jan 2015 , 1:50pm by -K8memphis

Debbie45628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie45628 Posted 17 Jan 2015 , 7:43am
post #1 of 2

I've been asked to make noodles for 100 people for a benefit....I made them and they have turned dark, so I will have to remake them tomm...Can anyone tell me what would have made this happen?  Its just your basic flour, egg, n salt recipe and I have wasted a whole lot of flour and eggs, I threw these out..I was asked several years ago to donate bags of homemade noodles for a church bazzar and they did the same thing and I had all those to throw away....I normally make them and lie in a single row onto a cookie sheet and freeze and then transfer to a zip lock bag and keep frozen until I have the broth boiling before I take them out of freezer....but this time I had so many to make that I was trying to save time and well, that didn't work...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...TIA

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Jan 2015 , 1:50pm
post #2 of 2

do it the way you do it that works -- 'holding' food is where we get in trouble -- you can pile up some of the noodles into layers with parchment in between so you can get more in the freezer -- take a minute to make more room in your freezer if that's a factor -- but keep them popping in there -- don't hold at room temp --

i was making these fancy potatoes once where you cut all these skinny rows partway through small whole potatoes and then slide garlic slivers in between the cuts -- you boil then bake these things -- i thought, i'll get them ready and bake at the last minute so they're hot for service -- well i had salted the water AFTER i put the potatoes in there and the salt turned the potatoes black everywhere it hit the potato that had been held over for baking later -- dang it and dang it again -- hahahaha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%