Cake Room Design And Stainless Table Sizing Help

Business By shannycakers Updated 15 Jan 2015 , 10:08pm by shannycakers

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 15 Jan 2015 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 8

Hello, I just put the floors in my new cake business and need help figuring out what size of stainless tables I need and how many. I have most of the room table with stainless shelving and product/ frig etc.. So the middle is where Im adding my decorating tables, I need a size big enough to roll out fondant, and then another one to hold my 3 mixers and icing..

Can you all think of any other reason I would need more than 2 large ones, and what size do you all prefer??

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Jan 2015 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 8

where are you going to put finished products -- and an airbrush  -- and a packaging center --

i like an 8 foot table to work on so you have 2 feet to put stuff on and 6 feet for like you say rolling fondant, assembling tiers etc.

i like to be able to work from both sides of that table 

-K8memphis Posted 15 Jan 2015 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 8

oh and a photography area too -- you don't want to keep working on top of yourself i mean if you have the room -- and a place to build plateaus and cake boards aka a craft area to include foam cutting, making molds etc -- 

shannycakers Posted 15 Jan 2015 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 8

good idea, I hadnt thought of the photog spot, I already have plastic airbrush table area that is a regular size folding table. So I found 24 by 60 stainless and 30 by 60 inch stainless.. are these too small...

So I need about 4 stainless tables, Icing table, finished product table, fondant working mat table and photog area...

-K8memphis Posted 15 Jan 2015 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 8

your finished product area could be shelving -- i mean icing and fondant could be same table but if you have the room having separate permanent photography and packaging area is really nice --

what size table do you work on now? would you like it the same size, bigger or smaller?

shannycakers Posted 15 Jan 2015 , 6:38pm
post #6 of 8

well I currently work on a huge island, bigger than 36 by 76.. but all the stainless tables ive found are much smaller, so im downsizing...lol

thats a good idea for storage shelving, to use for the cakes instead of a table.. it has more room but smaller width.. Ill have to look into see if that can work.. I love my stainless shelving from sams..

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 15 Jan 2015 , 9:10pm
post #7 of 8

I LOVE my SS cart. Cheap and strong! 

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/utility-cart/prod9070084.ip

I load the top with my big KA mixer (yes, it is SUPER stable, and I don't have to move it!), and the "stuff" has two good racks below. I only have the one cart (home baker), but I can imagine commercially you could use 2 or 3. One cart, filled with the "stuff" and you can wheel it over to your work table. It may free up more of your work surface without having to pile the supplies on it. Supplies stay in the cart (I have shoe boxes for storage), pull out what you need as you need it.

shannycakers Posted 15 Jan 2015 , 10:08pm
post #8 of 8

thank you, that cart is a must have! I am thinking of all types of uses for it:)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%