Need Help With Bust Cake

Decorating By kreepy cakez Updated 13 Jan 2015 , 9:12am by petitecat

kreepy cakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kreepy cakez Posted 13 Jan 2015 , 6:31am
post #1 of 2

hi how are you all ? 

i am here to ask something that i never did before  , i have been a baker for many yrs and doing this for so long and in all my time no one has ever asked me to do a bust cake , head and a little chest and shoulders , i am one who believes in 100% all  the things on the cake you can eat , but this time i cant i dont h ave the time , so i wanted to know  can fondant stick to to a foam head ? with water ? and stay for a few days ? or does it have to be piping gel , or icing ? and or can i use gumpaste , i need it to stay on the head for at least 4 to 5 days and be transported in a 45 to 60 min car ride , anyone that can help me out please do , 

1 reply
petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 13 Jan 2015 , 9:12am
post #2 of 2

I use shortening to stick my fondant on to my styrofoam dummies, but you can easily use water or piping gel as well. Yes, I would let dry for a 2 days or more. I would push a wooden or plastic dowel through the foam head and then stick it into the cake once you're ready to assemble. Also while you are drying the head, you can stick the dowel onto another styrofoam to keep it upright and stop it getting any dents while it dries. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%