What Size Cake Board For 24 Cupcakes?

Decorating By smile22 Updated 10 Jan 2015 , 1:29am by georgiacakelady

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 10 Jan 2015 , 12:51am
post #1 of 2

my neice's baptisim is coming up next weekend and i offered to make cupcakes i saw this idea for cupcakes and then you lay them out on a cake board in the shape of a cross

the cross is 24 cupcakes 16 cupcakes going down the middle two rows of  8 and then and the two rows going across 6 in each row 

also i never have made cupcakes on a cake board so how would i get them to stay on the cake board would just piping some regular american buttercream where the cupcake would sit work? 

i will be transporting it in a huge cupcake box that is very sturdy and wont fit in my fridge so my plan was to make the cupcakes and frost the night before store in my fridge and then in the am attach to the cake board

1 reply
georgiacakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
georgiacakelady Posted 10 Jan 2015 , 1:29am
post #2 of 2

AYou need a 14"x19" cake board to fit a 24 count cupcake cake. Assemble the cupcakes before glueing down. Once you are happy with the assembly of the cupcakes, pick each one up one at a time an pipe a dab of buttercream on the bottom of the cupcake and then place back down. Once they are all glued down, then ice the tops of them and decorate. No need to refrigerate, just place in the box and leave at room temperature, as long as nothing is perishable that is :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%