New Year's Cookies? (And Black Royal Icing Staining Mouths)

Decorating By beachandsweets Updated 28 Dec 2014 , 11:17pm by melbakescakes

beachandsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachandsweets Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 3

So I want to make cookies similar to these for New Year's

But the numbers will be painted gold instead, with the white background, and possibly a black border

1. Anyone have any other color suggestions? I was thinking maybe maroon or turquoise

2. I was going to do some large portions of the cookies black but I don't want to stain mouths- any suggestions? Or am I better off sticking with small amounts of black?

3. My plan is to buy Wilton's gold pearl dust and mix with vodka to paint the "2015" gold- has anyone used Wilton's brand before?

Thanks!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 3

i like them in the happy colors of the original myself -- black food is not appealing to me unless chocolate or licorice is involved --  

i bought some wilton edible gold a long time ago and it did not mix with vodka -- maybe they changed it but originally it wouldn't combine with anything -- hopefully someone else who has used it more recently will chime in for you --

very cool cookies though -- best to you

melbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melbakescakes Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 3

AI found the wilton gold pearl dust not very good, it would make something more "pearly" than the gold color you are probably looking for. Better off to get some gold luster dust

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%