What Colors Are Used In This Cake?

Decorating By mmhassa2 Updated 26 Dec 2014 , 3:27am by mintbelly

mmhassa2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmhassa2 Posted 25 Dec 2014 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 5

What colors are used in this cake? The top tier for instance doesnt quite look like a reg red.  Same with the pink? Thanks in advance!

4 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 25 Dec 2014 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 5

AIt looks red to me though. Maybe it's not bright red as when you do homemade fondant it depends on the amount of color used. Or it "faded"... The pink looks like it has a bit of red inside. But if you are looking for store bought brands, I'm no help.

CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 25 Dec 2014 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 5

Julia is correct the color is mostly red.  I would just make a tiny amount to see if this will work for you.   

I would mix a small ball of fondant with red coloring.  Then make a really small ball of fondant with orange. 

Then combine some to get the right shade.  You may have to add white to adjust the amount of color. 

Add even more white fondant to get the peach/coral pink color.  I hope this helps. 

mintbelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mintbelly Posted 26 Dec 2014 , 3:22am
post #4 of 5

You use 2 or 3 types of red(what ever you have), one type of pink, and a contrasting color like turquoise or teal and you'll get that color. And just like everything else with food color, start with small amounts and add until desired shade has been reached.

mintbelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mintbelly Posted 26 Dec 2014 , 3:27am
post #5 of 5

As for the pink at the bottom tier, just add a tiny piece of the red-pink-turquoise mix into uncolored fondant a tiny bit at a time until desired tint has been reached.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%