Mmf Decorating

Decorating By EllaMansBegin Updated 8 Dec 2014 , 3:29pm by julia1812

EllaMansBegin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EllaMansBegin Posted 8 Dec 2014 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 2

I know that this may sound dumb... But I do not know anything about baking and decorating cakes. That's why I joined Cake Central.

I made MMF. This is what I am planning.

In South Africa, it gets real hot during December. I want to make a Christmas cake and take it to the family which is about 4 hours from where I am. The cake will be finished 1 week before Christmas.

I am going to buy 2 cakes, which is going to go on top of each other. I then will coat it with icing, so that there will be no places that air bubbles can get in. Then I will use the MMF for the final decorating.

Question 1: Can I use any icing for the first coat on the cake (which will be like glue for the fondant)?

Question 2: Will the cake be okay for 1 week?

Question 3: Should I refrigerate the cake after decorating?

Question 4: How can I prevent anything form happening (example: melting) while traveling in heated weather?

Can anyone help me? I am no expert, but I know that the people of this blog can and will help me.

Thank you so much.

xx

Ella

1 reply
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 8 Dec 2014 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 2

Hi Ella and welcome to CC!

Your question doesn't sound dumb, don't worry.

To answer them:

1) Use American, Swiss or Italian Buttercream or some syrup to make the MMF stick to the cake.

2) Can you avoid having the cake sit for so long? Depending on the type of cake it could be okay or not? Fruit cake (soaked in lots of alcohol wouldn't be a problem

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%